Home Care and Different Types of Services
For some seniors and elders living independently, extra help is inevitable. People around them are not always able to complete or fulfill their needs since we are living a busy economic life in this 21st century. Development of home care services is a boon to this situation. Here, you will know about home care and it’s different types.
What is Home Care?
Home care means any professional and personal support services that allow a person to live safely in their home. They can range from high personalized post surgery care to generalized companion care.
What are the different types of Home Care?
As we discussed already, it starts from professional services to personal services and based on that, classified into 3 different types.
- Personal care and Companionship
- Private duty – Long term care by professionals
- Shore term home healthcare
Personal Care and Companionship
This mainly suits to people who are living away from their relations and who are in need of extra help to live safely at their home. This personal care and companionship includes assisting with everyday activities like bathing, dressing, meal preparation and household tasks to enable independence and safety.
Services can include,
– Companionship and engage in interests, hobbies and entertainment
– Accountable caretaker for persons having Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
– Assistance with meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, etc
– Assistance with basic self-care activities like grooming, bathing, dressing and using toilet
– Support them completely physically, mentally and ambulate to prevent them from falling
It is the long-term home care offered by variety of professionals to support, prevent and to recover from their illness. Here nursing roles are predominant.
Services can include,
– Gastrostomy/ostomy care
– Catheter care
– Feeding tube care
– Medications administration
– Tracheostomy care
– Monitoring vital signs
– Supportive and preventive care for some conditions like traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, etc
Home Health Care
In short term care, professionals direct care designed to help a patient prevent or recover from an illness, injury or hospital stay.
Here, in addition to nurses, home health care professionals include, cccupational therapist, physiotherapist, social workers and physicians.
Home health care often needs to be prescribed by a doctor. Care is provided through visiting homes by specialized clinicians that last up to an hour on a short time basis until individual goals are met.
When home care service is efficient, effective and cost effective, it is an appealing option for both patients and people in need of companionship.
You can get nursing services, caretakers at home and other medical services like lab test, medicine delivery through Treat at Home. Download our app or just call +91 94422 22700 to book services.
Download our Mobile App Now!
Play Store – Treat at Home: All-in-One Healthcare App
App Store – Treat at Home: All-in-One Healthcare App
Home care services live Doctor Home Visit, Home Nursing Services and Caretakers are available in Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai, Salem and all over Tamil Nadu.